Control4 Driver - Videostorm IRUSB
LIGHTING FAST INTEGRATION
The Videostorm IRUSB device allows us to control any Android set-top box including the Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fire TV, Foxtel Now, Xiaomi MiBox and more.
The Chowmain IRUSB driver is designed to control Android Set-Top Boxes via IP with the help of the Videostorm IRUSB device. This allows you to utilize the Control4 SR-260 remote to navigate the Nvidia Shield box and control applications as you would with a normal Nvidia Shield remote.
The driver allows for application launching via mini drivers for individual apps (for the most popular applications) and also expand Control4's infra-red output.
The driver can also detect audio from the Android set-top box and automatically turn the room onto the correct input. Use this with the included Chromecast functionality for the Nvidia Shield, Xiaomi Mibox or Foxtel Now Android TV boxes and you will a fully automated experience with the ability to control the casted control with your SR-260 remote control.
Note that this driver requires a product called the Videostorm IRUSB be installed along with the associated IRUSB application from Google or Amazon stores (does not require root).
- IP control over the majority of Android-based devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Nvidia Shield, Foxtel Now, Xiaomi Mi Box and more
- Automatic Room On upon audio detection.
- This makes integration of services like Chromecast for AndroidTV easy to use. Simply cast youtube, Netflix or other content to the built-in Chromecast and Control4 will turn on the TV, receiver and any other device required.
- Automatic Room Off after x minutes of silence
- Adds an additional IR Output for control over local source (eg TV or receiver)
- SMS style text entry for SR-250 / SR-260 remote controls on number keys.
- Mini apps for direct launch on any navigator for many popular applications
- ABC iview
- HD Homerun
- Youtube TV
- Custom mini-app for launching of other applications not listed