Control4 Driver - LIFX
LIFX (pronounced Life-X) is a line of energy-efficient, multi-color, Wi-Fi enabled LED lighting products that can be controlled via a Wi-Fi equipped device such as a smartphone or smartwatch. The LIFX driver for Control4 allows for two way control and feedback of all LIFX products including bulbs, strips, beams, tiles and more.
With our new OS3.3+ V2 driver, Chowmain's driver now supports ColorWheel and white temperature selector and is easier to setup than ever.
Two way control and feedback.
Automatic import of lights upon customer's LIFX account login.
Automatic configuration of lights. Hides unused functionality (eg Day & Dusk models will not show color sliders).
Color Temperature control
ColorWheel Support (V2 Driver Only / OS3.3+ required)
Graphical White Temperature Selection (V2 Driver Only / OS3.3+ Required)
What is the difference between the V2 driver and the depreciated group and light drivers
LIFX V2 Driver requires OS3.3+ to operate correctly and is recommended for both current and future installations
- Native ColorWheel Support
- Native Color Tempearature Support
- Improved Color Scene support
- Support for both LIFX Groups and individual LIFX Lights. Separate drivers are no longer required.
Why is this better than other RGB solutions?
- This is an extremely affordable solution which does not require an additional hub to operate.
- We have control over color, saturation, temperature, brightness.
- Two way control / feedback. If the customer uses the original application Control4 gets the changes.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?